Beware of These Signs with Roofing Companies in Fort Collins, CORoofing contractors are a dime a dozen, but not all roofers are equal. Some roofing contractors use shady tactics to get your business and make you feel like they’re the only ones who can do it right. Here are some of the top red flags that should raise alarm bells:
1. Can't Find Reliable Reviews or ReferencesBrand new or unlicensed roofing companies won’t have reviews or references and might not have the experience to perform good work. If you're vetting a roofer, look for references from previous clients. If there aren't any reviews or references, then chances are that company hasn’t been around long enough to build up a reputation. They could also be hiding negative feedback on their service.
2. Same-Day Price OptionsThis offer is one of the most tell-tale ways to determine if a roofing company is a scam. Same-day pricing is when a roofer promises the price will be lower if you sign the contract that same day. In truth, roofing costs don't vary that dramatically day by day, but same-day pricing is a scare tactic bad contractors use to oversell you on services.
3. Won't Provide an EstimateIf a roofer won't provide a written estimate upfront, then they probably aren't going to be able to give you an accurate price once the job begins. That could mean they'll try to overcharge you on materials and labor costs. An honest roofer isn't afraid to provide estimates and transparent pricing.
4. Isn't Covered by InsuranceA reputable roofing contractor will carry several insurance policies so if something happens during the project, you're covered. If the contractor doesn't have insurance, then they might not be licensed and could leave you holding the bag after the job is done. Make sure to confirm your contactor is properly insured before moving forward.
5. Doesn't Offer a WarrantyThe last thing you want is to hire a roofing contractor who doesn't offer warranties. Warranties protect you from shoddy workmanship and material defects, and also help ensure that you're getting what you paid for. Plus, warranties can help reduce repair or replacement costs down the road. Without a warranty, you'll risk paying extra for constant repairs or for another company to come in and redo the work.
6. Uses Aggressive Sales TacticsYou should never feel pressured by your roofer to agree on services, especially if you are feeling unsure. Deceptive roofing companies in Fort Collins, CO will attempt to lock you into a contract as fast as possible. They may be quoting more expensive services you don't need or may want to get a fast payment before skipping out on you. A trustworthy roofer will give you space and let you speak to other companies to verify you're getting the best offer.
7. No Roof Repair OptionNot every roof is repairable, but it’s best to avoid companies that flat-out refuse any kind of repair service. This is another method untrusted roofers use to sell you unnecessary work, as a full roof replacement is significantly more expensive and many types of damage can be fixed easily by minor repairs. Check every company you're considering if they offer repair work. If they do, they are likely being honest when recommending a replacement. At Ethos, we perform high-quality repairs and replacements. Get a FREE estimate from our pros, to learn more about our services.
8. Goes Door to Door After a StormA severe wind or hail storm can deal untold amounts of damage to a community's roofs. Reliable contractors will be too busy answering people reaching out to them and checking on previous customers after a storm to be canvassing an area and soliciting work door to door. Scammers take advantage of worried homeowners after storms by knocking on doors promising good work when all they want is your money and any insurance settlement.
At Ethos, We Always Believe in HonestyDealing with a less-than-dependable company can be frustrating, time-consuming, and expensive. At Ethos Roofing & Restoration, our decades of roofing experience have left countless customers satisfied with their roofs. We promise to be upfront, transparent, and honest with you at every step of your roofing project.
Contact us today to learn more about what makes us one of the best roofing companies in Fort Collins.