It all boils down to your research. By taking an hour or two to research, compare, and vet your local roofers, you'll be able to rest easy knowing you've found the right contractor for the job.
Understand What's Most Important For You
Whether you need minor roof repairs or a comprehensive roof replacement, it's critical that you first figure out what things you'll value most in your roofing project.
Of course, we know that your top priority is a fully restored and fully functional roof. However, it's in your best interest to consider other qualities, attributes, and aspects regarding your roofing project. These may include things like:
- The pricing - Are you interested in minimizing the cost of your roof restorations?
- The materials - Roofing contractors do not always have the same access to every roofing material (e.g., metal roofing, tile roofing, etc.).
- Warranties - Each roofing company will have some warranty offers. These offers can make a significant difference in your property's future.
- Craftsmanship - With a more experienced roofer, you can expect a higher quality of craftsmanship.
- Offered services - Do they provide roofing inspections free of charge? What about weatherproofing or roof cleaning?
- Customer service - Is reliable customer service important for you?
- Professionalism - Inexperienced roofers tend to be less professional, which may complicate your roofing project.
According to a survey by Modernize, 26% of homeowners say that personal references are the most important decision factor when hiring a contractor. 23% said the pricing estimates were their top decision factor, while another 17% preferred to listen to online ratings and reviews.
We recommend making a numbered list of your personal priorities and what's most important to you as a homeowner. That list will help inform and guide your search for a roofer in Loveland.
Create Your Shortlist Of Preferred Roofers
Now it's time to narrow down your options for local roofers from hundreds to a handful. Armed with your list of personal priorities, start doing your research on local roofers to develop a shortlist of your preferred options. Be sure to:
- Ask for references from friends and family
- Read through customer reviews and testimonials on third-party sites for each roofing company (e.g., Google, the BBB, Angi's, etc.)
- Compare each option based on your priorities (e.g., roofing materials, customer service capabilities, etc.)
Try to narrow down your shortlist to 4-6 options, if possible. From there, you can start to schedule roofing inspections with each option on your list.
Schedule Inspections With Each Roofer On Your List
Most reputable roofing companies will offer FREE no-obligation roofing inspections. After each inspection, the roofer will provide you with an in-person estimate for their roofing services.
Use each inspection as an opportunity to interview each roofing contractor. These inspections are great opportunities to learn more about your options and understand which roofer is best for your needs. Here are just a few of the questions you'll want to ask at each interview:
- Do you have a contractor license to work in Loveland?
- What types of insurance do you have? And what is the coverage?
- Will your work be covered by a manufacturer warranty?
- How do you keep the project on schedule? Do you have an inclement weather policy?
- What types of roofing materials can you offer me?
- Can you provide me with two or three references?
Make sure you ask questions that evaluate your personal list of priorities (e.g., customer service capabilities, professionalism, craftsmanship, etc.).
Make Your Selection
Remember: Do not take your hiring decision too lightly. If you hire the wrong contractor, you could fall victim to contractor fraud, which may end up costing you twice the amount of your projected roofing costs (Investopedia).
Take your time when finalizing your decision. Be sure to compare bids from various contractors along with their qualifications, experiences, warranty offers, roofing materials, and more.
Weigh your options carefully and listen to your gut.
Schedule An Inspection With Our Roofing Contractor In Loveland, CO
If you're looking for reliable roof repair or restoration services, look no further than Ethos. Our roofing contractors in Loveland, CO have been serving this Colorado community and many others for decades. We aim to deliver top-notch customer service and high-quality roofing work that can't be matched anywhere else. And with our industry-leading roofing materials, your roof will be properly protected for many years to come.
Contact Ethos Roofing & Restoration today to schedule your FREE roofing inspection with our reputable roofing contractor in Loveland, CO.