We know what you're thinking: "But, my roof is damaged and I need it repaired ASAP. Why shouldn't I just hire the first roofer I come across?"
It is important to repair your roof as soon as you can, but that doesn't mean you should rush your decision. If you hire a roofer without doing any research, you may risk:
- Working with a shady or disreputable contractor
- Receiving subpar or incomplete repairs
- Having to pay extra in the long run for roofing rework
Qualifications of a Reputable Fort Collins Roofing Company
Pricing is important for any home renovation. However, it's better to value quality over price on your roofing project.
Experience matters, especially when it comes to home improvements and renovations. A novice roofer with only a year or two of experience will be more likely to make mistakes. Even if they offer a lower estimate for your roofing repairs, it's just not worthwhile hiring them.
You'll also want to make sure your roofing contractor has experience with your type of roof. Some contractors specialize solely in flat roofs and others may only work with metal roofing materials. And some roofing companies may only offer commercial roofing services.
Check out previous project photos to see what kinds of roofing your contractor has worked with before. Or contact them directly to learn about their previous work and if they deliver quality services.
2. License and Insurance
This might sound obvious, but you'd be surprised how many handymen and contractors lack these qualifications. If you let an unlicensed contractor onto your roof, you're taking a risk. Here's why you should turn down an unlicensed roofer:
- Lack of proper skills and roofing know-how
- Their work may void manufacturer warranties
- You may be responsible for any on-the-job injuries
- Legal trouble and fines
Any reputable roofer will be happy to present their license immediately upon request. So be sure to ask for it during your initial consultation or inspection.
3. Ethical Business Practices
We've all heard horror stories about dishonest contractors that give the industry a bad name. From leaving jobs half-finished to surprise payment demands and worse, it can be tough to trust contracting professionals.
For that reason, homeowners must do their due diligence and thoroughly research a company before hiring them. You'll want to ensure your preferred roofing company adheres to ethical business practices at every turn. Here's some advice to investigate those practices:
- Examine the company values - Reputable businesses are usually guided by a set of foundational principles. Just remember the proof is in the pudding.
- Read customer reviews and testimonials - Check out reviews and customer complaints on Google, the BBB, and even Angi. Those reviews will provide key insights into the practices and behaviors of a given roofing company.
- Speak directly with a company rep - How do they treat you as an interested customer? Do they listen to your needs and answer questions thoroughly? Or are they just focused on closing the deal as quickly as possible?
Whether you need a roof replacement or roof repair services, make sure you're hiring a company that you can trust with confidence.
Book a Free Roof Inspection with our Fort Collins Roofing Company
Look no further for quality roofing specialists! Ethos Roofing & Restoration is one of the best places to call for all things related to your roofing system.
We've been repairing, replacing, and restoring roofs from Fort Collins to Denver and beyond for over 15 years. Our experienced roofing teams understand all of the ins and outs of the roofing process and work with every type of roofing material. We aim to deliver quality craftsmanship on every single project.
Contact Ethos today to schedule your FREE roof inspection with our Fort Collins roofing company.