We know the choice isn't always easy. That's why our roofers are here to shed some light on the subject and help guide you towards the right decision on your materials.
Selecting The Right GAF Shingles For Your Englewood Roofing System
Let’s get one thing clear before we dive into this subject: There is no one-size-fits-all solution for roofing systems. It’s true that every roof is similar to the last, but each one is unique in a multitude of ways. Slopes, valleys, roof overhangs, and ventilation systems are just a few simple ways that your roof differs from others.
Throughout this article, try to keep the structure of your roof in mind. It will help you get a clearer picture of which shingles are right for your needs.
Important Considerations About Your Shingles
When you’re interested in re-shingling your roof, it’s important to weigh a handful of key considerations first. These factors will help guide you to the right purchasing decision that’s most appropriate for your needs. Remember to keep in mind things like:
- Your roofing budget - While roofing shingles can range from roughly $3/sqft to upwards of $20 (HomeGuide), you can’t focus solely on the price of your shingles. Make sure you factor in other costs, like installation and labor costs.
- Weather protection - As you know, Englewood can see plenty of inclement weather throughout the year. For that reason, it may be wise to invest in shingles that offer advanced protection against the Colorado weather patterns.
- Shingle lifespan - Some roofing shingles will only last 20 years while others are durable enough to last a century. Think critically about how long you’d like your shingles to stick around.
- Your resale value - As Remodeling magazine notes, a midrange roof replacement can have a 65.9% ROI for your home’s value. However, some roofing materials can add more value to your home than others. Architectural shingles, for instance, will have a more drastic influence than standard asphalt shingles will.
You may additionally want to check if your Homeowner’s Association has any restrictions on roofing materials. If you’re part of an HOA, it’s possible you’ll need to abide by some rules about the appearance of your roof. So, be sure to review your HOA guidelines.
Comparing GAF Shingles For Your Englewood Roofing Needs
Your roof deserves quality shingles, and that’s exactly what you’ll find at GAF. This company has been widely recognized for numerous years as one of the top manufacturers of roofing materials. As a top roofer in Englewood, Ethos exclusively uses GAF products because of their superior quality and diverse line-up of materials. Let’s break down their shingle products by the criteria outlined above.
When compared to other home improvements, your roof is one of the largest investments you will make on your home. If you’re trying to save money on your reroofing project, there are a few shingle products that will fit well within your budget.
- Best value: Timberline® Shingles. These are the #1-selling shingles in all of North America. Timberline Shingles effectively blend modern architectural styles with reliable performance at an affordable price.
- Most economical: GAF 3-Tab Shingles. These shingles offer the most basic form of protection for your property at a relatively inexpensive price point.
Shingles That Offer Advanced Protection
Throughout the Denver metro area, roof storm damage is more common than you might think. Between the windy days, hailstorms, and snowstorms, your roof can see a lot of damaging weather. For that reason, it may be wise to invest in shingles that are designed to withstand that weather. And GAF has some great options.
- For high winds: Timberline® Shingles with LayerLockTM Technology. This multi-layer technology mechanically fuses the common bond between overlapping shingle layers. This helps keep the shingles in place for incredibly high winds.
- For hail storms: Grand Sequoia® ArmorShield (AS). These shingles pass the industry’s toughest impact-resistance test: UL 2218 Class 4. That means they’re impact rated for “extreme weather” and may even qualify for insurance discounts.
- For moisture protection: Timberline® UHDTM Shingles with StainGuard Plus®. These materials come with specially engineered capsules to release copper over time for long-last algae-fighting power. This will help keep moisture out, thus enhancing the protection of your property.
Shingles With The Longest Lifespans
All GAF products are designed to be as durable and long-lasting as possible. However, if you’re really concerned about the lifespan of your roofing materials, then you may want to consider purchasing GAF Designer shingles. While these are a pricier investment, they are specifically designed to last a “lifetime,” or upwards of 50 years. And these shingles are backed up by impressive warranty offers, so if they don’t reach that expected lifespan, you don’t need to worry!
Improve Curb Appeal And Home Value With These Shingles
Thanks to their diverse line-up of roofing materials, GAF has the shingles to match virtually any architectural style, across all kinds of current and historical designs. Whether your property is a ranch style home, a Victorian abode, or a contemporary house, you can find the right shingles to match and improve your curb appeal.
GAF also offers a number of roofing shingles that may benefit the resale value of your property. Products like the Timberline® UHDTM Shingles, the Marquis WeatherMax® Shingles, and the Royal Sovereign® Shingles all have the potential to improve your resale value. If you’re still curious which shingles can offer the most value to your property, then reach out our roofer in Englewood. We’ll be able to provide more GAF product recommendations that can offer a great ROI for your property.
Learn More About Your Roofing Options From A Top Englewood Roofer
Regardless of which shingles you choose, you’ll need a trustworthy Englewood roofer to properly install them. Fortunately, our roofers at Ethos are ready and eager to help you out.
As a certified GAF Master Elite Contractor, we can readily leverage the vast number of GAF roofing shingles to your benefit. From 3-tab shingles to designer options, you’ll have your pick of the litter at Ethos. And we are proud to offer the Golden Pledge Warranty on all of the shingles that we install.
Contact Ethos Roofing & Restoration today to learn why we’re one of the top Englewood roofing companies.