But when is it best to schedule an inspection? Why are those inspections important? And how often should you schedule professional inspections? We're here to answer these common questions and more.
Why Are Regular Roof Inspections Important?
Regular roof inspections are necessary to understand the condition of our roofing system. If you want to keep your property in excellent shape, then you can't forget to keep a watchful eye on your roof.
But that's not the only reason to book roofing evaluations every now and then. Here are a few others:
- Extend Your Roof's Lifespan - Unfortunately, your roof won't last forever. Your 3-tab asphalt shingles will only last roughly 20 years before they start to break down (Improvement Center). A roof inspection may help extend that lifespan.
- Curb Appeal - According to the NAR, the average homeowner will live in their home for roughly 13 years before selling. When it comes time to sell, curb appeal will be a major selling point for your property.
- Property Value - Like any homeowner, you're interested in maximizing the value of your investment. If you fail to maintain your roofing system, your property value may suffer and you may not achieve a great ROI when you sell.
- Prevent Damage Before It Occurs - Routine roof inspections will catch potential issues before they cause significant damage. For instance, a roof leak may be minor, but that moisture can cause significant water damage. And this directly ties in with the following reason too.
- Save Money in the Long-Run - It's better to pay for a few minor roof repairs now than to pay a much higher bill later for tons of property repairs.
- Peace of Mind - The last thing you want to worry about is the condition of your property. Bi-annual roof inspections will give you absolute peace of mind knowing your roof is functioning just how it should.
Is It Time to Schedule Your Roof Inspection in Denver, CO?
Across the roofing industry, you'll find recommendations to get your roof inspected 1-2 times each year. This is a great rule of thumb to follow, especially since most reputable roofers offer inspections for no cost.
However, you are likely due for a detailed roof inspection if you notice signs of roof damage. The most common signs may include things like:
- Rusted gutters
- Damaged shingles (e.g., dented, cracked, warped, etc.)
- Loose or missing flashing
- Sagging roof deck and/or structural damage
- Exterior or interior mold/algae growths
- Ceiling stains
- Missing or loose shingles
If you notice any of those signs of damage, then you need to schedule an inspection ASAP. Your roof is your first line of defense against mother nature. If your roof is damaged, then the rest of your home is at risk of damage too.
In addition, it's a good idea to book an inspection after any major weather events. Hail storms, high winds, thunderstorms, and even blizzards can leave a mark on your roofing system. Once the storm has passed, contact your trusted Denver roofer to set up a storm damage inspection.
What Time of The Year is Best for a Roof Inspection?
It's best to not base your inspection schedule on the changes in the season. If you suspect your roof may be damaged, then now is the best time to inspect your property. After all, it's better to be safe than sorry.
That said, it's a good idea to book your bi-annual inspections in the fall and the spring. The winter will bring intense weather patterns to the Centennial state. And in the summer, Colorado sees some intense hail storms and high temperatures.
So, your fall and spring inspections will help ensure your home is prepared for those extreme seasons.
How To Book Your Roof Inspection in Denver, CO
There are many different roofing contractors scattered throughout the Denver metro area. Before you schedule your appointment with any roofing company, it's worthwhile to compare your options first.
Take some time to research local roofing companies and look into things like:
- Customer Reviews - Try to find a roofing professional who consistently receives high marks.
- Warranties - These offers will help protect your roof and your wallet in the long run.
- Inspection Rates - Some roofers may charge you for their roof inspection service. However, many reputable roofing contractors offer complimentary inspections, like our roofers at Ethos.
Once you've found a few reliable options, it's time to schedule your appointment. This is actually a relatively easy process.
All you need to do is fill out a contact form or give your preferred roofing expert a call! It's that easy.
Get Your FREE Roof Inspection Today
At Ethos Roofing & Restoration, we can provide the expert roofing services that your property needs.
Over the past few decades, we have worked on a wide array of roof projects from Fort Collins to Colorado Springs. We have expertise with all types of roofing and we are on your side when disaster strikes.
Contact Ethos today to set up your FREE roof inspection in Denver, CO.