But, when's the right time to get an inspection? What difference could those inspections make? And how frequently should you get a professional check-up? Let's uncover the answers to your burning questions!
The Benefits of Getting a Regular Roof Inspection in Mobile, AL
The best way to keep track of the health of your roof is with regular inspections. By having a professional review your property once or twice a year, you’ll be able to catch potential issues sooner rather than later.
That is just one of the many perks of consistent roofing evaluations. You also stand to gain other benefits from regular roof inspections, such as:
- Maximize Your Roof's Longevity - Did you know that 3-tab asphalt shingles only have a 20-year lifespan (Improvement Center)? Routine roof inspections can help extend the life of your shingles.
- Maintain Curb Appeal - The National Association of Realtors (NAR) estimates that the average homeowner will stay in their home for approximately 13 years before putting it on the market. Boosting your home's curb appeal can take it to the next level when it's time to list your property, and a roof inspection will help maintain and improve your curb appeal.
- Property Value - Unlock the true potential of your home and reap the rewards! Your property value can soar by keeping your roofing system in excellent condition for a great return on investment when it's time to sell.
- Preventative Measures - Regular roof inspections can help identify potential problems before they cause significant damage. A roof leak, even seemingly minor, could lead to pervasive water damage if left unchecked.
- Long-Term Savings - Homeowners often wait until it's too late to get roof repairs done and their wallet takes a hit. A roof inspection will help you take care of minor roof repairs today and save money in the long run!
- Peace of Mind – After a roof inspection, you can rest easy knowing that your property is in good condition.
Are You Due for a Roof Inspection?
It is generally recommended to have your roofing system checked 1-2 times annually. This is the best practice, as many quality roofers provide this service at no additional cost.
Although, if you spot any roof damage in between your bi-annual check-ups, it's probably time to get a thorough evaluation. Look out for the tell-tale signs of roof damage like:
- Rusted gutters
- Bad shingles (dented, split, twisted, and more)
- Loose or missing flashing
- Sagging roof deck and/or structural damage
- Mold/algae growth, inside and out
- Ceiling stains
- Missing or loose shingles
If you observe any signs of damage, you should arrange an inspection without delay. You need to protect yourself from nature's onslaught of storms. Your roof is your first line of defense, and a compromised roof threatens the well-being of your entire home!
After major weather events, don't forget to give your home the VIP treatment by scheduling an inspection. Wild weather wreaks havoc on rooftops, from hailstorms to high winds and thunderstorms to hurricanes. After the storm clears, connect with your go-to roofer in Mobile, AL and get your storm damage inspection scheduled.
What Time of The Year is Best for a Roof Inspection?
While the changing of the seasons can be a good guide on when to inspect your roof, don't let that hold you back. It is recommended to check your roof as soon as possible if you suspect it might be damaged. For homeowners, it's generally wise to err on the side of caution.
That said, make sure to get your bi-annual inspections booked in seasons when the leaves change, and the flowers start blooming. Scheduling fall and spring inspections will help ensure your home is prepared for the upcoming seasons that may be more extreme.
How To Book Your Roof Inspection in Mobile, AL
There is a wide selection of roofing contractors in the Mobile bay area. It’s often best to review several roofing companies before making an inspection appointment.
As you investigate local roofing companies, consider factors such as:
- Reputation – Look for a reputable and experienced contractor with positive customer reviews.
- Warranty – Protect your roof and your wallet for the long haul with rock-solid warranties. Make sure the company you choose for your inspection has some quality warranty offers.
- Inspection Rates – Some roofers may charge you for their roof inspection service. However, many reputable roofing contractors offer complimentary inspections, like our team at Ethos.
After you have identified a few suitable choices, you can set up an appointment by simply completing a contact form or giving them a call. It's that easy.
Get Your FREE Roof Inspection in Mobile, AL Today
At Ethos Roofing & Restoration, we can provide the expert roofing services that your property needs. Our roofing specialists have decades of industry experience and can work on any roofing system, no matter the size, materials, or damage. Find out how your roof is performing by booking a roof inspection with us and discover hidden problems before it's too late!
Contact Ethos today to set up your FREE roof inspection in Mobile, AL.