From assessing the damage to finding a reliable roofing contractor, this checklist will guide you through the entire repair process.
Be Ready for Every Stage of a Lakewood Roof Repair Project
Many roof repair projects can take can be completed quickly while others may take much longer. Your contractor will handle all of the work both on the roof and off, but as a homeowner, there are many parts that can fall through the cracks if you don't stay on top of them. That's why it's important to be prepared for every stage of the project. Here are some of the items that should be on your roof repair checklist to help make it a success:
The Initial Phase
Have you noticed some shingles missing from your roof? Or have you found another concern with your roofing system? If so, here are the next steps to take:
- Source a dependable Lakewood roofer - The first step in the process of any roof repair project is to hire a reliable roofer. The quality of your contractor will determine the quality of the entire project. Make sure you select a roofer with experience and expertise in your particular type of roofing materials. They should be able to provide references and have a clear understanding of the local building codes and requirements.
- Schedule a roof inspection - When you've secured a contractor, the next step to check off is a roof inspection. Your roofer will perform a comprehensive inspection to learn the full extent of the existing issues and spot any concerns that might affect your roof in the future. The roofer can then give you an estimate for your roof repairs.
- Sign a contract - If the estimate looks good, it's time to sign the contract. This is a crucial step as it legally holds your contractor to their promises. Without a formal contract, you risk receiving subpar roofing services. Remember to only sign after you have read and understood the entire document.
During the Project
When the initial steps are complete, it's time to move on to the project phase. This is when the actual repair work begins. Here's what you should do:
- Prepare the area – Depending on the extent of repairs needed, your contractor may need to clear or prepare the area before they can begin working. This includes removing any furniture, plants, and other items from the area to ensure their safety. Read our blog for more tips on how to prepare the area for roofing services.
- Find something to do away from home - If you've ever been near roofing work, then you know it can be loud and distracting. This is especially true if you have children or pets. When you need roof repair in Lakewood, it's a good idea to get out of the house. This will give your contractor room to work safely and efficiently and allow you to avoid any disruptions to your day.
- Check-in with your roofer on occasion - Throughout your Lakewood roof repair project, your contractor should keep you informed on their progress. Ask them to come up with a plan for periodic check-ins so that you can be sure that the repairs are being completed as expected. This can be daily if you're dealing with a wide scope of repairs, or just midway through the work if the project is only expected to take a day or two.
- Be ready with a backup plan - Try as we might to control every aspect of a roofing project, there are still things that can go wrong. From unavailable materials to changes in the weather, you can never be completely prepared for all of the potential hiccups that could arise during a roof repair job. That's why it is so important to have a backup plan ready in case something goes wrong. Take time to discuss any contingencies before the project begins.
Wrapping Up the Repairs
Once the roof repairs are complete, your contractor will carry out a few final steps before signing off on the project.
- Go over the work with your contractor - Your Lakewood roofer will walk you through the work they did and present you with a final report. This is the time to ensure all of the issues have been addressed and that everything has been done correctly. Check around for any debris or materials left in the area, and ask questions if anything looks out of place.
- Make sure all warranties are in place - You should always get a warranty for any roofing work you have done. This will ensure that any issues that may arise will be taken care of and that you won’t be responsible for costly repairs down the line. Get copies of all relevant paperwork, including your contractor’s license, insurance information, and warranty documents.
- Get the final bill - This final invoice should include all of the materials used and the labor charges for your contractor. Take some time to look over the bill before signing off on it.
And that's a wrap! After checking off everything on this list, you can rest easy knowing that your roofing is back in good condition and ready to keep your home safe and secure.
Contact Ethos for All Your Roof Repair Needs
Are you looking in Lakewood for roof repair services that are reliable and high-quality? Look no further than Ethos Roofing & Restoration!
Our experienced team of roofing professionals has the expertise and knowledge to handle any roof repair job, no matter how large or small. We specialize in shingle replacement, leak detection, gutter maintenance, and roofing repairs of all kinds. Our experts will work with you to understand the scope of your project and provide a detailed plan for repairs.
Schedule a FREE roof inspection now to get started with your roofing repairs.