Your Partner For Denver Roof Replacement
While roof repair or restoration can solve a plethora of roofing problems in the short term, they are only temporary solutions. When a repair no longer makes the cut, it is time to get in touch with the Denver roof replacement experts at Ethos General Contractors.
Roof Repair Versus Roof Replacement
The warning signs that your roof needs some TLC include:
- curled, cracked, or missing shingles
- blistered or peeling exterior paint
- staining or discoloration on interior walls or ceilings
- sunlight penetrating roof deck
- water leaks in the attics
- rising energy bills
- sagging roof deck
You will notice that these are the same signs that might indicate it is time for a roof repair. Our Denver roof replacement experts will perform a damage assessment to determine the severity of the problems with your roofing system and guide you to the right decision between repair, restoration, or a complete replacement.
Your Options For A Denver Roof Replacement
When you decide to replace your roof, there are a number of supplementary decisions that will need to be made. Will you layer new shingles on or will you strip and replace the roof? What material will you use? When is the right time to schedule a Denver roof replacement?
Don’t fret. Our roofing specialists are here to help.
To Layer Or To Strip
For those with asphalt shingles, you are permitted to have up to two layers of shingles on your roof. There are pros and cons to layering your shingles. It is a great way to save money, however, it prevents your Denver roof replacement experts from seeing any potential damage to the internal structure of your roof deck. Shingles also adhere better to the actual roof structure, as opposed to a previous layer of shingles, so layering your shingles might not be the best option for those living in areas prone to high wind or regular severe weather.
Selecting A Material
As with anything, there are different materials that can be used in your Denver roof replacement, each with various pros and cons.
- Roll Roofing – This is the most inexpensive option, with a fast and easy installation. The longevity of roll roofing is minimal, lasting 10 years or less.
- Built-Up Roofing – Carrying a moderate price tag, built-up roofing provides great waterproofing, however, when leaks do occur, they can be difficult to find.
- Asphalt Shingles – One of the most common materials for roofing, asphalt shingles have a long lifespan between 20 and 40 years. The easily installed material is subject to curling and splitting over time.
- Wood Shingles – This material offers more artistic capabilities for a long-lasting Denver roof replacement, but often retails at a higher price point.
- Metal Roofing – At a mid-level price point, metal roofing offers a fire-resistant product that can be quickly installed, but also easily damaged.
- Masonry Tiles – Another fire-resistant option that can be used to create beautiful, distinctive styles is a heavier product that requires sufficient load-bearing capacity in the structure.
- Slate – Slate also provides a unique look at a higher price point. If slate is your choice for a Denver roof replacement, keep in mind that broken slates can be difficult to replace.
If you are unhappy with your current roofing materials or are unsure of what will be the best option for your property, goals, and budget, a Denver roof replacement expert from Ethos General Contractors will be happy to assist you in your decision.
Scheduling Roof Replacement
There is no exact right time to schedule a Denver roof replacement, however, some seasons are more forgiving than others. It is best to bring a roofing expert out for a damage assessment with plenty of time before severe weather may move in. A damaged roof during a winter with heavy snow or a spring with intense hail can be quite the headache. Partnering with Ethos helps you keep your home protected all year round.
Choose Ethos For Your Denver Roof Replacement
When signs of damage become severe, it is time to call the Denver roof replacement specialists at Ethos General Contractors. Learn more about our roofing services and schedule a FREE damage assessment with a call to (855) 553-8467 or click here to fill out our online request form.