Why? Aside from being able to shop around for the right price point, there are a million reasons to vet your options carefully.
Why Homeowners Need To Vet Fort Collins Roofing Companies
Today we'll be examining the top 3 reasons to compare local roofing companies.
1. Avoid Annoying Roofing Scams
While internet and phone call scams can be easy to spot, the same can't be said for roofing contractors. Unfortunately, fraud cases by home improvement and hired contractors are prevalent across the country. And according to the 18th Judicial District Attorney's Office, roofing contractor scams have been on the rise in Colorado.
In many of these cases, homeowners lose communication with their contractors or find problems with the repairs and cannot get ahold of the business to address the issues. These scammy experiences can undoubtedly be agitating, uncomfortable, and expensive.
You can avoid those unpleasant roofing scams by taking the time to vet your options up-front.
2. Skip Costly And Frustrating Rework
Let's briefly assume that your home needs a roof replacement. The current national average for a new asphalt shingle roof is approximately $7,211, according to HomeGuide. However, this number can go much higher depending on the size of your roof, the location of your home, and the roofing material used in the roofing project. And the roof tear-off may cost several thousand dollars on its own!
If you fail to do your research and hire an unreliable roofing contractor, you may risk wasting a significant sum of money. After receiving payment, that scammy contractor may leave the job unfinished or deliver sub-par work. This means you'll need to hire another contractor to finish the roof replacement correctly.
Don't waste your money paying for two separate roof replacements. Instead, take your time to vet your options up-front so you make the right decision for your new roof the first time.
3. Ensure You're Legally Protected
When you're comparing various roofers, make sure they are licensed to work in your area and have the proper insurance policies in place. These policies include:
- General Liability Insurance - Covers the expenses of any property damage caused by the roofing team.
- Workman's Compensation Policy - To protect you from getting sued in the case a worker gets injured on the job.
If your roofer lacks these insurance policies, you could be in for a difficult and costly legal road ahead.
So, How Do You Vet Local Roofers?
Comparing Fort Collins roofing companies is actually easier than you might think. We recommend taking a few hours to conduct some preliminary research on roofing contractors near you. Here are some great steps you can take:
- Seek references from friends and family - You trust these people, so you can definitely trust any referrals they send your way.
- Read through off-site customer reviews and testimonials - Companies may cherry-pick their best reviews for their websites. To get a better idea of the typical customer experience, check out reviews on Google, the BBB, and even Angi.
- View past project photos - Those images can offer a glimpse into the quality of work those roofers can provide.
- Compare warranty offers - Many roofers offer exceptional warranties with their work, which can help save you money in the long run.
- Develop a shortlist of your preferred roofers - Narrow down your options of local roofing contractors to around 3-5.
At this point, you'll want to start scheduling in-person consultations with those final choices. During those meetings, try to evaluate the quality of the roofing company even further. Do they value customer service? Are they pushing you to commit to the project on the spot? What kind of roofing products can they offer you?
In general, you'll want to look for roofing companies that are professional, reliable, friendly, trustworthy, experienced, and local to the area. Once you've talked in person with each roofer on your list, you can finally hire a Fort Collins roofing contractor with confidence.
Start Comparing Fort Collins Roofing Companies Today
If you're looking for reliable roofers to restore your property, there's no better place to start your search than Ethos Roofing & Restoration.
Our licensed roofers have consistently delivered high-quality roofing services for decades in Northern Colorado and all along the Front Range. We are guided by ethical business practices, and we are focused on delivering quality work and top-notch customer service.
Contact Ethos Roofing & Restoration today to book your FREE roof inspection with one of the best Fort Collins roofing companies.